Slashy Santa Fiction Archive
'Tis Always the Season for Slash!
Slashy Santa Statistics
Word count: 2119594
Newest Member: Woodlenks788
My Slashy Valentine 2013 by Red on December 02, 2012 4:05 PM
From the Years of the Trees through the Fourth Age – it’s time once again to make your Tolkien FPS fanfiction dreams come true…
· Sign-up period: December 2 - December 16
· Assignments to be distributed no later than December 23
· Deadline for first-time participants: January 31, 2013
· Deadline for returning participants: February 7, 2013
· Archive opens: February 14, 2013
By popular demand, I will reveal to you the name of your recipient at your request. Some people find it easier to write or to personalize a story if they know the identity of their recipient. Other people find that thought absolutely horrifying! Now, you can have it either way. If, at any time during the writing period, you wish to know the identity of your recipient, you may ask me. Since other writers do not want to be "spoiled," I ask that you please keep this information to yourself!
· All stories must be a minimum length of 1,200 words, which translates to roughly 3 full pages in Word. Stories must be complete and in their entirety.
· Submissions must be complete, new and previously unreleased, and written specifically for the assignment you receive.
· If you have defaulted on ANY previous Slashy Santa-sponsored exchanges, you will NOT be permitted to participate in the My Slashy Valentine 2012 exchange. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule. This may be a disappointment to some of you, but it is far more disappointing for a hard-working participant who strove to meet the deadline to discover they did not receive a story because their writer dropped out.
· Manners are mandatory!! Be kind to your readers, be kind to your writer, be kind to your overworked admin. Just as you are required to turn in a finished, beta'd story, you are required to acknowledge the person who wrote for you in a timely fashion. If you're going to be out of town when the archive opens, consider making an LJ post to that effect, or alerting the moderator if you think it's going to be more than 3 or 4 days before you can get in touch with your writer. Even if you *hate* the story you are given-- and we certainly hope that's not the case! -- common courtesy dictates that you should at least say "Thank you for writing this for me." If you cannot gracefully thank the author who wrote for you, you may be asked to sit out the next round and contemplate the meaning of the word "Courtesy."
· Stories shall not be released to the general fandom on any group, list, or website until after the archive opens on February 14th. After the publication date on this site, feel free to post or archive your work anywhere you would like. Authors may self-load their own submissions here on the Slashy Santa LJ community after the publication date on this site if they choose.
· Authors are responsible for posting their own stories to the Slashy Santa archive on or before the due date at SlashySanta.com. If you have any questions or difficulties, please email the moderator: firstname.lastname@example.org
· ONLY ELVES, MEN, MAIAR AND VALAR are acceptable in the slashed pairing. However, Hobbits, Dwarves, and other creatures may be present in the story as secondary characters.
· No fiction involving a minor in a sexual situation, even in flashback, no matter how vaguely alluded to, will be permitted. Period.
· No songfics.
· No het pairings as anything other than secondary characters or plots.
· No bestiality. (Tolkien characters that manifest as cognizant beings such as centaurs, unicorns, wolves, faeries, etc. are acceptable. If in doubt, ask us.)
· No RPS (real person slash) will be accepted.
· No Mary Sue, Marty Stu, or self-inserts.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of the Estate of J.R.R. Tolkien or New Line Cinema. Original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.